January 16th, 2011

e

Whitework.

I also have a commision of a fichu. A danish lady who has made her own middleclass costume dated 1740 ordered it.
This weekend i have made the pattern, and i also started to make a sampler of it.
In 18th century embroidery teckniques, there is a triangular neckerchief with a slit in the diagonal to ease the neckerchief better over the neck. I want to make the same.
This is a sampler of the embroidery. First it is tamboured, next i have made densely wowen herringbone stitches at the backside of each motif, this way it gets to look as if the layer is doubble in the motifs. Its embroidered on a cotton voillé.
Its the first time i ever make such kind of embroidery.